Each returning member is required to complete 8 hours of community service per semester and each pledge is required to complete 10 hours as follows.
- 4 hours Financial Literacy Involvement through BAP.
- The remaining hours of community service may be done either within BAP or outside of BAP with pre-approval from the VP of Community Service.
- If you choose to volunteer outside of Beta Alpha Psi, you must fill out the Outside Community Service Hours Form.
- If you fail to complete the form, you will earn no credit.
- If you have any questions about BAP Community Service Requirements, please contact Madeline Kraft.
JA is a non-profit organization that partners with volunteers from the community to teach elementary students about their roles as individuals, workers and consumers, and to prepare middle/high school students for key economic and workforce issues they will face. JA's purpose is to inspire young people to value free enterprise, business and economics to improve the quality of their lives and be workforce ready.
- Students can do it individually or team up in and select a class to teach. You will need to select a day of the week that you will be available for 5-6 weeks in a semester.
- Location: Various Elementary, Middle, & High Schools in Lexington
- Hours Awarded: 7 (One per class and one for planning)
Provide tutoring assistance to students in accounting courses.
- Dates/Times: Based on students needs
- Location: Set by tutor and student
- Hours Awarded: Number of hours spent with student requesting tutoring.
- Requirements: Grade of B or higher in course to tutor.
- Important Note: Tutoring has previously not been a heavily requested item by students, and as such should not be relied on as a means to fulfill your hour requirements. If a student requests tutoring directly to BAP, an e-mail will be sent out with the subject and available meeting times, the first qualified student to respond will receive the opportunity.
- The following form must also be filled out and signed by both the member and the student receiving tutoring. You may use the same form for recurring sessions, with the student receiving tutoring initialing each item.
- Volunteer Tutoring Form
American Cancer Society Hope Lodge - Community Service Event
We are in the planning stages of having a community service event on TBD at the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge. This lodge is located near Kroger Field. We will prepare dinner, dessert, and play games with guest of the Hope Lodge.