Gatton’s online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Major in General Business program is designed for students who have already completed some coursework and need a flexible schedule to graduate. This 100% online program delivers a broad and comprehensive business education that can be applied to a wide variety of industries.
Your Degree, Your Schedule
Graduates from Gatton's online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Major in General Business will have a broad foundational understanding of business concepts, and be prepared to contribute to the success of businesses. The flexible online schedule means you can complete your coursework when it’s convenient for you – and get credit for the work you’ve already done.
After completing the degree, you'll be able to:
- Identify business opportunities and problems
- Apply standard techniques from across the business disciplines to make ethical decisions and find solutions
- Communicate effectively
Targeted, Customizable Curriculum
This program includes a broad foundation of business disciplines to prepare you for entry‐level business positions across a variety of industries. This specific set of upper division classes was designed to expose students to all of Gatton's business disciplines (economics, finance, accounting, marketing and supply chain, and management) with emphasis on employment in small businesses.
You can choose from a wide variety of electives to customize your experience. You’ll also learn the supporting skills (critical thinking, communication, analytical skills and ethical decision making) that can help you stand out in the employment market.
Please note that courses in this program are offered on a rotating basis and may only be offered once a year.
* Total hours, combining the program's 60 total credit hours with credits earned from completing a general education curriculum and the college pre-major courses, must be equal to or greater than 120 to qualify for graduation.
** If adjustments to this plan are needed, consult an academic advisor.
The Gatton College of Business and Economics has many students who have successfully transferred to UK in various stages of their academic careers; this fully online and flexible degree program is designed to meet the needs of new transfer students to the university.
- A student applying for the BSBA must have completed the equivalency to one of the following courses: Financial Accounting (ACC 20, Elementary Calculus (MA 123), Calculus I (MA 113), or Finite Math (MA 162)
- Admission is determined by an applicant’s academic qualifications and is selective in nature. We look for GPA requirements of a 2.8 cumulative GPA and a 2.8 pre-major GPA.
- Pre-major GPA consists of the following courses: Elementary Calculus (MA 123), Finite Math (MA 162), Composition and Communication (https://wrd.as.uky.edu/cc-requirement), Introduction to Accounting for Decision Makers (ACC 200) or Managerial Uses of Accounting Information (ACC 202), Financial Accounting (ACC 201), Principles of Economics I (Microeconomics ECO 201), and Principles of Economics II (Macroeconomics ECO 202)
- Before you apply, you should know:
- All courses taken for this degree must be completed fully online.
- Courses required for completion of the program are not offered every semester.
- Some courses required for Gatton’s pre-major (ex. any math course and financial accounting) will only be offered during the summer terms.
- Some courses may be offered in an online synchronous format, meaning you will need to log in at certain times/days.
- If accepted as a pre-general business student, the requirements you must meet for admission into upper division status include completion of all pre-major requirements adn a cumulative UK GAP and pre-major GPA of 2.8.
If you are interested in Gatton, your first step is to apply and be admitted to UK. Check the UK Office of Admissions website for complete information on transfer procedures, including transfer from another university or community college. Admitted students will receive information from the college shortly after admission regarding orientation, advising, and registering for classes.
Refer to the Academic Bulletin for more detailed information about transfer admissions and credit to the University of Kentucky and the Gatton College of Business and Economics.
If you have any questions prior to your course enrollment, please visit the Gatton College drop-in advising hours and talk with an academic advisor. Information can be found here: https://gatton.uky.edu/info/current-students/undergraduate/academics-advising
World-Class Career Support
At Gatton, support doesn’t end when you graduate. Our in-house Graham Office of Career Management provides career counseling as well as resume and cover letter support. The Graham office also connects you with national companies that actively recruit Gatton students and graduates. You’ll have the opportunity to attend career fairs, networking events and more. Students are encouraged to get in touch with the Graham office at any time – not just when they’re ready to graduate.
Tuition and Fees
Compared to other top research universities, the University of Kentucky offers reasonable tuition fees to ensure that students receive a high-quality, affordable education. Students can find tuition refund policies, deadlines, amounts, and other important information by clicking the UK Student Account Services below.
State Authorization and Licensure
Per state laws, distance education courses and programs must be legally authorized in a state prior to offering courses or programs to students residing there. Therefore, program availability varies by state. Students should check the UK Out-of-State Educational Activities website to determine if a distance education program at the University of Kentucky is available in their state of residence. If you plan to use the degree to seek licensure, you should also determine if the degree meets the educational requirements for licensure in your state.
Student Relocation Disclosure
All distance education students should keep in mind that relocating during the course of a program to another state could impact whether that student can continue in the course and/or meet the eligibility requirements of that state. If you plan to move to another state during your program, please contact your program advisor as soon as possible.
Ready to Apply?
Visit the University of Kentucky's Undergraduate Admission page.
Before applying to the online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Major in General Business, please review the Admissions Requirements and Scholarships and Financial Aid page. For further questions or additional information, please contact:
Director of Recruiting
Gatton College of Business and Economics
University of Kentucky | Lexington, KY 40506
859.257.9127 | email@example.com