The University of Kentucky's Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is a 12-credit hour certificate program designed to help you gain a competitive edge to achieve success. Across all industries, business analytics is a powerful tool in today's marketplace. With an expected growth rate of more than 15% through 2030, the demand for professionals who are data literate and understand how to interpret and analyze that information will be vital to business success.
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics provides an analytics foundation for all Gatton professional programs. Students completing this certificate will be capable of using analytics tools and models to address discipline specific problems and issues. The certificate includes three core areas: data visualization, data management and analytical modeling along with an elective chosen from another Gatton master's program.
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Small class sizes
- Individualized faculty attention
- Courses taught by top ranked research faculty and industry experts
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics program is comprised of 3 course classes: data visualization, data management and analytical modeling and one elective (from any other Gatton master's program). The enrollment requirement is the completion of 60 undergraduate hours and a prerequisite of ECO391 or DIS651 (or equivalent statistics class that includes regression).
Introduction to Data Visualization in Business and Economics This course introduces and provides hands on experience with data visualization. It introduces students to the principles and practice of creating displays of quantitative and qualitative data to facilitate managerial decision-making. The course focuses on business applications of these concepts and technologies. Students may substitute an equivalent Gatton graduate data visualization class for MBA / AN 660, including ACC 624, MKT629 or MKT 633. Possible Software: Excel, Tableau, JMP, PowerBI, Qlik
Introduction to Data Management in Business and Economics This course introduces principles and applications of business data management. Data management principles and applications will include harvesting and cleaning data, relational databases and structured query language (SQL). It includes a semester project that requires harvesting, cleaning and presenting insights from a large data set. Possible software: SQL, JMP, KNIME, Alteryx
Analytical Modeling in Business and Economics This course in an introduction to the use and application of analytical modeling for supporting decision making in business. It explores the use of analytical models in technologies including data mining, descriptive modeling and predictive modeling. Emphasis is on business applications and analytical models. Projects will include integration and application of content from this and previous courses in the certificate program. Possible software: JMP, Excel, KNIME, RapidMiner, R, SAS and SAS Enterprise Miner, Alteryx.
- ACC 590 Special Topics: Information Technology Auditing
- ECO 603 Research Methods and Procedures in Econ
- ECO 703 Introduction to Econometrics I
- ECO 790 Time Series Analysis
- FIN 645 Corporate Investment & Financing
- FIN 688 Financial Analytics Tools
- FIN 695 Special Topis: Predictive Analytics Using Python
- MBA 616 Supply Chain Operations
- MGT 653 People Analytics
- MGT 663 Conducting Research in Human Resources
- MGT 664 Human Resource Information Systems
- MGT 667 Organizational Network Analysis
- MGT 668 Social Networks in Human Resource Management
- MGT 690 Strategic Thinking & Analysis
- MKT 601 Marketing Research
- MKT 610 Consumer Insights
- MKT 620 Digital Marketing and Analytics
- MKT 632 Supply Chain Modeling and Analysis
|Tuition (per credit hour)||$886||$1,192.50|
|University Mandatory Fees (per credit hour)||$62||$62|
|Total (per credit hour)||$948||$1,254.50|
- See University of Kentucky Tuition and Fees Page UK Tuition and Fees Page.
Students can find tuition refund policies, deadlines, amounts, and other important information on the Student Account Services website.