Designed for young professionals seeking to change and accelerate their career path, our One-Year MBA enables our candidates to determine their passion areas, and positions them for career success. One Year - Real Results.
Our program seeks bright, motivated candidates that have demonstrated leadership initiative and are driven to make a positive impact in their selected field as well as their communities. For more information on our specific admissions requirements, please schedule a 1:1 session with our team.
- Graduate School Application and application fee
- GMAT or GRE: The Institution Code for the UK Graduate School is 1837
- Resume or CV
- Undergraduate transcripts: Minimum undergraduate GPA requirement is 2.75
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement: Write a personal statement (500 words or less) about your career goals. Include how you anticipate you will grow and change as a person, a professional, and a leader in your time as an MBA student in order to help you achieve your career goals. Consider: What mindset will you need to succeed during your MBA experience? How will you contribute to the Gatton College as a student and alumni? How will you contribute to your future employer, community, and society?
International candidates are required to submit all application requirements above and a demonstration of English proficiency.
- TOEFL / IELTS accepted. Minimum TOEFL score is 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (internet-based). The minimum IELTS score is 6.5. The TOEFL Institution Code for the UK Graduate School is 1837.
- TOEFL / IELTS waiver can be offered to candidates who earned their bachelors' degrees from other U.S. universities.
- An interview with the admissions committee is required.
International candidates in the program must take at least nine credit hours per semester in order to maintain the full-time student status. candidates may apply for a reduced course load the last semester.
For more information, contact Yingnan Song.
- Once the application fee and all supporting materials are submitted for consideration, application files are reviewed by the MBA Admissions Committee.
- Candidates may be requested to sit for an interview prior to a decision being finalized.
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis and recommendations are typically made to the Graduate School within one month from submission.
- To confirm spot in the UK MBA accepted candidates must return both their statement of acceptance and seat deposit.
The cornerstone of the UK One Year MBA is Consulting Projects, our unique immersive experiential learning program. During the fall and spring semesters, candidates apply what they are learning in the classroom to real world business challenges. Teams are paired with regional business leaders at a wide range of sponsor organizations focusing on areas including operations and supply chain.
Current and Previous Sponsors
- Gain on the job training while consulting with regional organizations
- Apply and hone business theory learned in the classroom
- Improve team building skills in a corporate environment
- Network with executives to increase visibility and hiring opportunities
- Strengthen resume and networking skills
Guided by faculty members that are vested in our candidates’ success, our curriculum provides the knowledge, tools, and skillsets for our candidates to be impactful managers and leaders in their chosen career path. From critical thinking and problem-solving strategies to effective written and oral communications, our candidates develop the leadership skills required to succeed in a wide variety of industries and roles. Additionally, our curriculum enables our candidates to customize their experience through our elective options, to position themselves for their ideal career path.
During the Summer term you will take a total of 10 credit hours.
A study of key problem formulation and solution procedures in business decision making. The topics studied include statistical techniques integrated in decision making under uncertainty, decision trees, queuing problems, and value of information. A major segment of the course is devoted to the study of linear programming problems, sensitivity analysis, assignment problems, and transportation problems.
Analysis of applications of economic theory to management decision making. Such problems as demand and cost determination, pricing, and capital budgeting are treated.
Political, historical, and philosophical perspectives on the meaning and processes of top management leadership. Applications of leadership perspective to the development of organizational culture, ethics and values, stakeholder relations, business-government relations, and competitiveness.
MBA 630 is a one credit hour course focused on providing a systematic and comprehensive career development process. candidates will have the opportunity to clarify their career objectives and build a customized job search plan.
During the Fall semester you will take a total of 22 credit hours including 6 credit hours of approved MBA electives.
This course is designed to provide candidates with an understanding of: the role of marketing function in an organization; the types of marketing decisions and analytical procedures involved in making each decision; the overall marketing planning process; and, the impact of the social, economic, and legal environment on marketing decisions.
This course examines the problems of managing a business enterprise which spans international boundaries. candidates will develop an understanding of the political, social, economic, and technological factors driving globalization and will consider the impact of these forces on competition, markets, industry structure, and organization.
A study of the application of accounting information and services in the recognition or solution of management problems in business.
A study of financial management from the viewpoint of the corporate financial officer. Areas studied include capital budgeting, capital structure, financing decisions, working capital management, dividend policy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Consulting Projects is a team based experiential learning course, where student teams are paired with a company or organization to work on a project of importance to said company or organization. The fall semester project may encompass a variety of topics under the umbrella of growth strategy, including; new product introduction, branding, marketing plan development, customer experience and other topics relating to a company’s growth in the marketplace.
During the Spring semester you will take a total of 19 credit hours including 6 credit hours of approved MBA electives.
An immersive study of the supply chain management involving the management of key business processes, the flow of goods and information, and relationships with fellow members of the supply chain. Open only to One Year MBA candidates.
A critical examination of behavior and performance within organizations and between organizations. Special attention is paid to the problem of performance at the individual, group, and formal organizational level.
Strategic issues associated with multi-industry, multi-national, multi-business and start-up management; strategy implementation and institutionalization; planning systems.
Consulting Projects is a team based experiential learning course, where student teams are paired with a company or organization to work on a project of importance to said company or organization. The spring semester project may encompass a variety of topics under the operations improvement umbrella, including; inventory management, production, logistics and other topics related to a company’s operating performance.
Candidates in the UK One Year MBA can curate their experience by choosing from a wide range of available elective course options.
- Analytics (concentration)
- Entrepreneurship (concentration)
- Management / Human Resources
- Supply Chain
|One Year MBA Tuition||$34,264||$40,798|
|Approximate Total Cost||$35,788||$42,322|
Tuition is billed according to the schedule below:
The UK One Year MBA provides a small number of limited and competitive scholarships. All applications for the received by the priority scholarship deadline will be considered for scholarship awards. Candidates who apply after this date will also be considered through April 1st as funds remain available. No separate application is required, however candidates will be asked to participate in an interview prior to final granting of scholarship awards.
- Many UK MBA candidates utilize the comprehensive resources available from the UK Office of Student Financial Aid, including federal student loan programs.
- Individual appointments are available for assistance with our team of financial aid counselors.
Items to Note
- To reserve your spot in the program a non-refundable $500 deposit is required and will be applied to the first semester’s tuition.
- Your tuition will not increase while continuously enrolled, however mandatory fees are subject to change. Please refer to the UK Registrar for the most up to date information on tuition and fees.
- If electing our online option, a distance learning fee of $10/credit hour will be applied.
- Course materials will cost approximately $2,500 over the course of the program.
- Specifics regarding determination of residency status are available from the UK Registrar’s Office Residency Policy.
- Any fully online courses will be charged the applicable resident tuition rate regardless of residency status.
UK One Year MBA candidates jumpstart their MBA journey with a professional career development course – MBA 630. This course includes:
- Self-exploration – through assessments, self-discovery, and guidance our candidates gain a stronger understanding of their strengths, interests, and motivations.
- Career exploration – building on self-exploration, our candidates gain exposure and insight into different MBA career paths, enabling the fit with their passions, personal strengths, and ambitions.
- Dedicated coaching and guidance – throughout our candidates’ MBA experience they have dedicated coaching to guide them, along with resume and interviewing preparation to position them for success for their first role out of our program.
This course is offered by the Graham Office of Career Management which offers comprehensive career support services to all graduate candidates in the Gatton College of Business and Economics.
As you hone your career search as a candidate in the MBA program, you can also expect to receive guidance and networking from our faculty who bring their own extensive experience in industry into the classroom.
Networking and Leadership Exposure
As a candidate in our One Year MBA program, you will have the opportunity to learn and network with successful business leaders through our:
- Career panels
- Leadership and special topics speakers
- MBA Advisory Council
- Alumni connections
Workshops and Certificate Programs
Each year candidates can take advantage of three certification programs to increase their distinction in the workplace. These include:
Alumni Career Success
Founder and Chief Bookman
Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Walt Disney World Ambassador
Walt Disney World
Alumni of the UK MBA go on to wide variety of successful career endeavors around the world.