The Wall Street Scholars at the University of Kentucky offers a signature experience to a small cohort that includes advanced academic curriculum and high-impact learning, complemented by co-curriculum education and development in soft skills. The mission is to assist students in the Wall Street Scholars program to enter and be successful in investment banking, asset management, private wealth management, consulting, corporate finance leadership programs, and other highly rewarding positions. Recently, our finance scholars have accepted investment banking and private equity internship or job offers from firms such as Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, KKR, and Koch Equity Development (KED), private wealth management offers from firms such as Baird, JPMorgan and UBS, corporate finance job offers from firms such as Bank of America and GE Aviation, and consulting job offers from firms such as EY, PwC, and Kroll. Performance-based scholarships are provided.
Applications are open to incoming freshmen who intend to include Finance as a pre-major or double major. To apply, a student must be admitted to the University of Kentucky. Please see FAQ for selection criteria and program details.
Freshman Wall Street Scholars
Applications are open to incoming freshmen who intend to include Finance as a pre-major or double major. Below are additional recommended academic benchmarks*:
- Recommended Minimum ACT Composite Score: 26 (or minimum SAT (ERW+M) score: 1230)
- Recommended Minimum ACT Math Score: 26 (or minimum SAT (Math) score: 610)
- Recommended Minimum high school unweighted GPA: 3.7
- Recommended minimum AP credits or dual credits: 6
- Recommended AP courses: mathematics, statistics
EARLY DEADLINE: December 1; Regular Track deadline: July 31
*The application and review process for the Wall Street Scholars is separate from the application and review process for other Gatton undergraduate scholarships.
Rising Sophomore Wall Street Scholars
If you are a freshman at the University of Kentucky (i.e., will take at least 3.5 years to obtain a bachelor's degree from UK) and meet the following criteria, you are welcome to apply for sophomore Wall Street Scholars during your first year at UK:
Recommended academic and career development benchmarks:
- Having a minimum ACT Composite Score: 29 (or minimum SAT (ERW+M) score: 1340)
- Having completed or expecting to complete MA 123 or equivalent, STA 296, ACC 201, ECO 201 by the end of the first year of college with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Having obtained an internship or a part-time job in finance/economics/analytics/accounting/marketing or other business fields during the first year of college
- Having basic knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in working in large metropolitan cities and financial centers
- (Preferably) having basic knowledge in Python
Applicants must complete the application online and submit your up-to-date first-year UK transcript (instead of high school transcript) and resume in PDF online. Space for sophomore applicants is extremely limited. Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis. Early application is encouraged.
EARLY DEADLINE: December 15th; Regular Track deadline: February 15th