The Gatton College of Business and Economics announces additional speakers and networking opportunities for the 2021 PNC Business Innovation Summit on April 23-24. The hybrid event is offered at no charge to all University of Kentucky students and the community.
Sponsored by PNC Bank, the conference theme is “Disruption Through Innovation” and features epic lessons learned in business innovation and development as well as networking opportunities with top innovation leaders, including:
● John L. Gohmann, Regional President – PNC Bank
● Anne Brooks, Partner – PwC
● Silas Deane, President and CEO – VendEngine, Inc.
● Sarah E. Sanders, Co-founder – NATIVE
● Simon Sheather, Dean – Gatton College of Business and Economics
● Jonathan Webb, CEO – AppHarvest
● Brad Zapp, Co-Founder & Managing Partner – Connetic Ventures
The Summit includes the PNC Business Innovation Conference from 4-7 p.m. on April 23. Keynote speaker Sarah E. Sanders of NATIVE and other industry leaders will share their expertise and experiences with embracing disruption and elevating innovation.
On April 24, the PNC Wildcat Pitch Competition opens at 8:30 a.m. with a motivational talk on entrepreneurship and business development by Jonathan Webb of AppHarvest. Project pitches follow, where UK students will compete for $20,000 in seed funding. Winners will be announced at 4:45 pm.
The hybrid event will be held virtually and in-person at The Cornerstone, the new innovation space and esports facilities on the north side of the UK campus.