The University of Kentucky’s Gatton College of Business and Economics will hold a Graduate Programs Open House from 6-7 p.m. on Tuesday, October 12. The open house is open to the public, including all undergraduate students, young professionals, working professionals, and executives in the region.
Program directors from each of Gatton College’s professional master's programs and certifications will be on hand to provide an overview of the Gatton College programs, answer questions about the admissions process, and provide information on financial aid benefits that are available. The open house provides a unique opportunity for any major at Gatton College, UK, and other regional schools, along with working professionals and executives, to learn more about the Gatton College’s professional masters and certificate programs in one night.
“We have seen a tremendous response to our new specialized master’s programs,” said Lorna Patches, executive director of the Professional Resource Center. “To meet the needs of a rapidly changing world and help students achieve professional success, the Gatton College launched new professional programs and certificates in Fall 2021.
These new offerings are:
- Master of Strategic Human Resource Management and Analytics (MS-SHRMA), an 11-month program focused on the rapidly changing field of human resource and its role in today’s organizations.
- Master of Marketing, a 10-month program designed to prepare students for advanced marketing careers.
- A Certificate in Human Resource Management, an 11-month program which prepares students to effectively manage employees and contribute to the organization’s talent strategy.
- A Certificate in Financial Planning, which is an online 11-month program to prepare students for this growing career area.
In addition to its MBA, these programs help the Gatton College continue to position itself at the intersection of leading-edge industry needs and higher education. As a result, graduates are well-prepared to succeed professionally through making an immediate impact in their organization.
The Gatton College recently opened the Professional Resource Center (PRC) as a “one stop shop” to serve its nearly 400 current master’s students by providing academic and professional support through a variety of initiatives. According to Patches, those initiatives have a common goal - providing a high level of service for every candidate.
“We are working hard to personalize the onboarding process,” said Patches. “Part of that process is building a dedicated, full-time team who can meet the professional needs of each student.” The PRC team includes full-time recruiters for MBA programs; professional graduate programs; and support for Gatton’s international graduate students.
Representatives from the following programs will be available at the Graduate Programs Open House:
- MS Accounting (MSACC)
- MS Finance (MSF)
- MS Strategic Human Resource Management and Analytics (MS-SHRMA)
- MS Marketing
- MS Supply Chain Management
- Certificate in Financial Planning
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Financial Planning Certificate
For more information and to register, visit the event page.