Improve the learning and career outcomes of our students through more rigorous and relevant academic programs, meaningful enrichment activities, and improved academic and career advising.
- Increase rigor and academic integrity.
- Promote, support, incentivize, and reward teaching excellence among all faculty members and graduate teaching assistants.
- Create or enhance enrichment activities to support intellectual, social, and emotional development of our students.
- Provide innovative academic advising.
- Provide innovative career advising.
- Increase integration of academic and career advising.
- Expand international focus.
- Guide and champion a Gatton Code of Conduct for students, faculty, and staff that fosters professionalism, classroom behavior, ethics, civility, social responsibility, and academic integrity.
- Establish a new honors program in Social Enterprise and other selective departmental honors programs that complement the new Lewis Honors College at UK.
- Develop research opportunities for undergraduates and provide venues for presentation of their work.
- Invest in academic and career advising, emphasizing innovative integration of both types of advising.
- Initiate departmental and college teaching awards.
- Expand internship opportunities, international experiences, and other enrichment activities.
- First-to-second year retention
- Graduation rates
- Improved results in the assessment of learning outcomes
- Student employment outcomes
- Rate of student participation in international opportunities