Dates: CBA Business Foundations: The next certification will be offered in Fall 2017. Accepting registrations on this site beginning April 3, 2017.
Registration Fee: $1,100.00
UK Employee Fee: $1,000.00
Group Fee of 3 or more people: $1,000.00 per person (cannot register group online, please contact Connie Blakemore at 1.800.284.6407 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Attendance: Your attendance to the entire CBA Innovative Leadership is highly recommended. To receive your certificate of completion you need to attend 9 out of the 10 classes. You can miss one class. If you attend 8 or less classes, you will receive a letter of attendance for the hours you completed.
Contact Connie Blakemore at 1-800-284-6407 or email@example.com for additional questions.
The Certificate in Business Administration cannot be used to meet the pre-requisite requirements for the Gatton MBA programs or the Joint Executive MBA Program with the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville.
The Certificate in Business Administration (CBA) Business Foundations is designed for individuals with limited business backgrounds who want the general knowledge and skills necessary to meet the challenges of today's business world. The CBA will sharpen your skill set and allow you to become a world-ready person.
Utilizing distinguished faculty and guest speakers from the Gatton College of Business & Economics coupled with hands on experience, you'll receive first rate training over ten sessions with each session lasting three hours.
If you're looking for a way to acquire the basics of a business degree without the time commitment a degree requires, our certification is your answer. The CBA will give you the strategic framework necessary for making informed business decisions.
You will receive 27.5 hours of continuing education credit. Upon completion of the certification, you will receive a University of Kentucky, Gatton College of Business and Economics, The Don and Cathy Jacobs Executive Education Center certificate.
Business Foundations Session Topics
- Organizational Design & Environment: Understanding complex organizations; designing high performance organizations
- Individual Behavior in Organizations: Motivation, decision making, and leadership in organizations
- Essentials of Human Resource Management: Recruitment and selection; in particular, internet and social media based approaches; employee compensation, including incentives and employee benefits; performance management techniques, termination approaches
- Economics in the Workplace: Applies economic analysis to managerial decision making for many business problems; discuss concepts and ideas from basic economics that have particular relevance and application
- Essentials of Marketing: Segmenting, targeting, and positioning; consumer decision making; pricing
- Accounting Measurement and Reporting: Basic accounting concepts; financial statements
- Financial Decision Making: Fundamental of valuation; basics of investments
- Lean Supply Chain Management: Introduction to supply chain management; overview of lean principles and how select principles may leverage to improve supply chain performance
- Business Law: Business agreements (contract & commercial law), debtor/creditor relationships; business organizations and employment law
- Strategic Management: How to attain competitive advantage through situation analysis, strategic positioning, building and leveraging capabilities and strategic innovation
2017 Fall Agenda (subject to change)
|Thurs., September 14||5:15 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Organizational Design and Environment
|Thurs., September 21||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Individual Behavior in Organizations
|Thurs., September 28||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Essentials of Human Resource Management
|Thurs., October 5||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Economics in the Workplace
|Thurs., October 12||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Essentials of Marketing
|Thurs., October 19||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.|| Accounting Measurement and Reporting
|Thurs., October 26||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Financial Decision Making
|Thurs., November 2||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Lean Supply Chain Management
|Thurs., November 9||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Business Law
|Thurs., November 16||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Beverages and a light snack will be provided at each class.