The next Certificate in Business Administration (CBA): Business Foundations is tentatively scheduled to be held in the Fall of 2020. If you would like us to offer it this Fall 2019, please contact Connie Blakemore at email@example.com or call 859-257-8747 and let Connie know you would like to be added to the request list. If enough people are interested, we will try to offer the certification this fall.
Registration Fee: $1,100.00
UK Employee Fee: $1,000.00
Group Fee of 3 or more people: $950.00 per person (cannot register group online, please contact Connie Blakemore at 1.800.284.6407 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Attendance: Your attendance to the entire CBA Business Foundations is highly recommended. To receive your certificate of completion you need to attend 9 out of the 10 classes. If you attend 8 or less classes, you will receive a letter of attendance for the hours you completed.
Contact Connie Blakemore at 1-800-284-6407 or email@example.com for additional questions.
The Certificate in Business Administration cannot be used to meet the pre-requisite requirements for the Gatton MBA programs or the Joint Executive MBA Program with the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville.
The Certificate in Business Administration (CBA) Business Foundations is designed for individuals with limited business backgrounds who want the general knowledge and skills necessary to meet the challenges of today's business world. The CBA will sharpen your skill set and allow you to become a world-ready person.
Utilizing distinguished faculty and guest speakers from the Gatton College of Business & Economics coupled with hands on experience, you'll receive first rate training over ten sessions with each session lasting three hours.
If you're looking for a way to acquire the basics of a business degree without the time commitment a degree requires, our certification is your answer. The CBA will give you the strategic framework necessary for making informed business decisions.
Upon completion of the certification, you will receive a University of Kentucky, Gatton College of Business and Economics, Don and Cathy Jacobs Executive Education Center certificate of completion.
Business Foundations Session Topics
- Organizational Design & Environment: Understanding complex organizations; designing high performance organizations
- Individual Behavior in Organizations: Motivation, decision making, and leadership in organizations
- Essentials of Human Resource Management: Recruitment and selection; in particular, internet and social media based approaches; employee compensation, including incentives and employee benefits; performance management techniques, termination approaches
- Essentials of Marketing: Segmenting, targeting, and positioning; consumer decision making; pricing
- Economics in the Workplace: Applies economic analysis to managerial decision making for many business problems; discuss concepts and ideas from basic economics that have particular relevance and application
- Accounting Measurement and Reporting: Basic accounting concepts; financial statements
- Lean Supply Chain Management: Introduction to supply chain management; overview of lean principles and how select principles may leverage to improve supply chain performance
- Business Law: Business agreements (contract & commercial law), debtor/creditor relationships; business organizations and employment law
- Financial Decision Making: Fundamental of valuation; basics of investments
- Strategic Management: How to attain competitive advantage through situation analysis, strategic positioning, building and leveraging capabilities and strategic innovation
Tentative 2019 Fall Agenda (subject to change)
Usually scheduled once a week on Wednesday or Thursday evenings.
|Session 1||5:15 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Organizational Design and Environment
5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
|Individual Behavior in Organizatioins|
|Session 3||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Essentials of HR Management|
|Session 4||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Essentials of Marketing|
|Session 5||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Economics in the Workplace|
|Session 6||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Accounting Measurement and Reporting|
|Session 7||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Lean Supply Chain Management|
|Session 8||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Business Law|
|Session 9||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Financial Decision Making|
|Session 10||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Beverages and a light snack will be provided at each class.