Welcome to a great city for professionals and entrepreneurs
- The city of Lexington is a great place to live and learn. Serving as the healthcare, retail, financial, educational, cultural and entertainment center for both Central and Eastern Kentucky, Lexington features many of the advantages of a large city with the charm and hospitality of a small town.
- Reputable companies and employers such as Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Lexmark International, Big Ass Fans, Valvoline, Link Belt, LBX, Tempur Sealy, Amazon, Xerox, Hitachi, R.J. Corman Railroad Group, VA Medical Center, Baptist Health and Lockheed Martin all have a major corporate presence in the area. A list of all the regional employers and companies in Lexington and Central Kentucky can be found here.
- Lexington’s central location and excellent transportation system have been major factors in its growth and development. Lexington is 600 miles from 50% of the U.S. population and which includes cities such as Louisville, Cincinnati, Nashville, Indianapolis, Atlanta and more.
- Lexington's strong economy is due in large part to its diversification of employment opportunities, which is dispersed among government, education and health care, retail trade, manufacturing, professional and business services, and construction. Along with a rapidly growing high-tech sector and a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem, it's easy to see why Lexington is one of the best cites in the nation for entrepreneurs and professionals.
Below is some of Lexington's recent rankings accomplishments. Read Lexington's full rankings report here.
- #2 Best City in U.S. for New College Graduates, SmartAsset
- #3 Cities with the Best Work-Life Balance, SmartAsset
- #3 Safest City in the Country, Safewise.com
- #5 Best-Run City in America, WalletHub
- #5 Economic Growth Potential of Mid-Sized Cities, Business Facilities
- #6 Cities with the Best Work-Life Balance, SmartAsset
- #7 Best Cities for New College Grads, SmartAsset
- #15 Best Cities for Young Professionals, GOBankingRates
- #29 Best Places to Live, US News & World Report
- #36 Top 100 Best Places to Live, Livability
Visit Lex.com - The official tourism site for vacation, meeting, convention and group tour planning information in the Horse Capital of the World
Commerce Lexington - Information on tourism, business, events, community, area demographics and networking
City of Lexington - Learn more about the city of Lexington, Kentucky including neighborhoods, recreation and community services
Share the Lex - Great site to view and share what people most love about living in the city of Lexington #ShareTheLex
Kentucky Tourism - See, do, taste, stay and plan all things Kentuckian
University of Kentucky Virtual Tour - Take a virtual 360 tour of the University of Kentucky campus and nearby attractions