Qualified MBA candidates for the One Year MBA, Professional MBA, Professional MBA (For Leaders in Healthcare) and applicable dual degree programs may be waived for the GMAT or GRE exams by the MBA Admissions Committee as part of the graduate test requirement. Sole discretion remains with the MBA Admissions Committee and granted waivers does not guarantee acceptance. The GMAT or GRE can still be recommended by the MBA Admissions Committee to strengthen the overall competitiveness of an application, especially with candidates that cannot demonstrate a strong quantitative proficiency, or for candidates that have not met the minimum cumulative undergraduate 2.75 GPA requirement (which is set by the Graduate School at the University of Kentucky). The GMAT or GRE is required if seeking an academic scholarship (this is only for the One Year MBA and applicable dual degree programs).
The following criteria may be considered for waivers:
- Professional work experience(s) with heavy emphasis on the managerial or technical background, position(s) held, tenure, professional responsibilities and specific accomplishments in leading a process, team, department or organization to achieve measurable goals/targets. Combined with career experience, additional considerations will be given to those who have demonstrated prior academic achievement and/or those who have obtained additional professional/leadership certifications (such as CPA or CFA), professional trainings/courses and/or credentials;
- Dual MBA candidates that have been accepted into the JD/MBA, MD/MBA or Pharm.D/MBA programs, has taken the LSAT, MCAT, or PCAT and are in good academic standing;
- Masters, doctorate, or terminal degrees such as in Law, Medicine, Pharm.D, Dentistry, or Nursing or presently enrolled in good academic standing with such programs; or
- Military experience and service with emphasis on leadership.
Application Steps and Approval Process
- Email an updated resume, all unofficial undergraduate transcript(s) and a brief position statement to the attention of the MBA Admissions Committee at email@example.com.
- Attach additional documentation, as appropriate, to be reviewed by the MBA Admissions Committee. Be ready to provide additional items or documentation at their request.
- Candidates will be notified by email from the MBA Center with a decision and the MBA Admissions Commiteee strives to make these decisions in a timely fashion.
- All waivers granted by the MBA Admissions Committee must be approved by the Graduate School at the University of Kentucky.