UK Summer Accounting Career Awareness Program (ACAP)
Applications are now closed for the summer 2018 program.
UK Summer Accounting Career Awareness Program
A Career Development and Campus Residency Program for High School Students
Explore a career in Accounting!
Think you know what a career in accounting looks like? Think again! The profession encompasses some of the most influential positions in corporate America - CEOs, CFOs, and other leaders in management, consulting, finance, marketing, information systems and operations. Pursuing a degree in accounting can dramatically increase your career opportunities.
ACAP is your window into an accounting career. During your four days living on UK's campus, you'll explore what it takes to become an accountant and hear from regional business professionals who will share their personal experiences and offer tips for success. ACAP focuses on the skills you'll need for professional success no matter what career you pursue, including managing money and resources intelligently, applying critical thinking skills, communicating effectively and maintaining high professional ethics standards.
During ACAP, you'll:
- Visit area businesses and see what accountants do
- Build your skills and knowledge with workshops taught by college professors and current college students
- Explore college life as you spend four days living on a real college campus
- Have fun with other high school students who share your interests
- And there's no cost to attend!
Gatton faculty and students! Volunteer opportunities are available for the ACAP program. Please contact Olivia Davis for more information.
- Sunday, July 29, 2018 – Thursday, August 2, 2018
- Gatton College of Business and Economics
- General Public, Faculty / Staff, Alumni
- 859-608-1295, firstname.lastname@example.org