Victoria Russell `01, MBA `03 has been described as a diversity and inclusion champion, equity advocate, and corporate activist. In 2018, she stepped up during difficult times to become the first Chief of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Papa John’s International. With a 14-year passion for the brand, Victoria is committed to using her voice to bring about change. Before joining Papa John’s, Russell spent time at Humana and Brown-Forman in Human Resources.
She serves on several non-profit boards including Greater Louisville Inc., Leadership Louisville, the Fund for the Arts, and the Chestnut Street YMCA.
A few of her many honors and accomplishments include:
- Named “Woman Making a Difference” by Louisville Business First in 2019
- Selected as one of Louisville’s Forty Under 40
- A founding member of the Adweek Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Honored as a 2020 Champion of Diversity and Inclusion by Adweek/Adcolor
- Featured as Today’s Woman’s 2020 Most Admired Woman in the Corporate Category
- Honored as a Daughter of Greatness by the Muhammed Ali Center and
- and recipient of UK’s 2019 Lyman T. Johnson Torch of Excellence Award
We at the Gatton College are extremely grateful to have such an accomplished woman as an active member of our alumni community. Read more about Victoria Russell in the most recent issue of Transform magazine.