All incoming students are required to possess basic proficiency in economics and accounting. Additionally, we recommend candidates become familiar with business math and Microsoft Excel. Preparatory courses must be completed prior to starting classes.
Economics - Micro & Macro
IVY Software Instructions
IVY Software is an online tool that offers non-credit, self-paced courses that meet our preparatory requirements. Visit the University of Kentucky's MBA IVY Software page to setup an account and purchase the required preparatory course(s) as needed:
- Fundamentals of Economics ($75)
- Financial Accounting ($75)
- Managerial Accounting ($75)
We also recommend individuals without a strong math background or those who want to refresh their math, Microsoft Excel or statistics skills complete the following IVY Software courses:
- Excel for MBA Students ($60)
- Business Math & Statistics ($75)
- To successfully pass the IVY course(s), you must obtain a minimum of 80% on the Final Comprehensive Exam with a maximum of three attempts.
- If you have any questions or experience any technical difficulties with IVY Software, please contact the IVY Software Support Team.
For any questions or additional information, please contact: