2021 applications are now open for the One Year MBA and Professional MBA programs! Let us help you through the process with the following admissions requirements. For international applicants, please review the additional steps outlined in our international admissions requirements.
- Start/Submit the Graduate School Application and application fee directly to the Graduate School. For Veterans, please contact the Graduate School to request an application fee waiver before applying.
- GMAT or GRE Score sent to the University of Kentucky (School code = 1837). Admission decisions may be based, in part, on unofficial scores, but official scores are required prior to full admitted status. To register, Click Here for the GRE or Click Here for the GMAT exam. The GRE or GMAT exam may be waived by the MBA Admission Committee if the applicant meets certain criteria outlined in the GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy. All waivers must be approved by the Graduate School at the University of Kentucky.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate institutions. Applicants should possess a four-year undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75/4.0. Official transcripts, hard copies, need to be mailed to the University of Kentucky Graduate School, 202 Gillis Building, Lexington, KY 40506-0033 (School code = 1837). For more information on sending/mailing transcripts, please refer to Graduate School's Transcripts on their site.
- One Letter of Recommendation from an individual (e.g., professors, current or former supervisors, etc.) who can objectively assess the quality of your character, capabilities and accomplishments as well as your overall potential as an MBA student and future business leader.
- Professional Resume/CV highlighting professional experience, educational history, and accomplishments. Cover letters are not required.
- Personal Statement. Write a personal statement (500 words or less) about your career goals. Include how you anticipate you will grow and change as a person, a professional, and a leader in your time as an MBA student in order to help you achieve your career goals. What mindset will you need to succeed during your MBA experience? How will you contribute to the Gatton College as a student and alumni? How will you contribute to your future employer, community, and society?
- Preparatory Courses or "Prerequisites" are required for candidates that haven't completed coursework in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Financial Accounting and/or Managerial Accounting in their undergraduate studies. The MBA preparatory courses are not an admissions requirement; however, they must be satisfied before the start of the program. Candidates can still apply (and be considered for conditional acceptance) before completing all of the required preparatory courses.
- Scholarships/Funding Options: Scholarships are only available for the One Year MBA and applicable dual degree programs. All applications received by the designated deadlines are automatically considered for general scholarship awards. Candidates who apply after the scholarship deadlines will be considered, as funds are available. All scholarships will be based on information collected through the admissions application. No separate scholarship application is required. For additional funding options, please visit the University of Kentucky's Graduate School's Funding Opportunities, Assistantships, Fellowships and Financial Aid.
- Employee Education Program (EEP): University of Kentucky employees may take advantage of tuition benefits through the Employee Education Program (EEP) by receiving a tuition waiver for UK coursework, including the UK MBA, in order to further their career development, pursue other academic interests or build coursework for a career change or advancement.
Before applying into the MBA program please review the Admissions Requirements, Tuition/Funding (One Year), Tuition/Funding (Professional MBA/Real-Time, Online MBA), MBA Preparatory Courses, GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy and FAQ's. For any questions or additional information, please contact: