The walk time to Gatton is about twenty minutes (according to Google) from the downtown hotels we list. There are parking options (depending on day or time) but you may prefer to walk from your hotel especially for the Friday sessions given the few options and that driving on parts of campus is restricted until 3.30pm on Friday.
The following spots are all five minute walks or less to Gatton.
Friday before 3:30pm
Most university spots are restricted so parking is limited. There is:
- Street pay parking on Scott Street, Upper Street and Limestone where the three intersect. You can find them on the city map here (bottom left corner): http://www.lexpark.org/sites/default/files/files/meter_map_01_31_14.pdf
- There are 10 pay spots on the Prall Street lot (location ID: PK0054a) across the street from Gatton (you can use the ID of a location to search for it on the campus map here: https://maps.uky.edu/campusmap
There is also a park and pay spot across the street from this lot with a few spaces
There is a parking garage on 409 South Limestone near Gatton open on Friday but it "closes" at 6pm. You can exit after 6pm that night (ignore the 'towing' sign; what "closes" means is that there is no one on site to assist after 6pm, so if you have any problem using the pay machines (located on 1st & 3rd floor) you may have difficulty exiting.
Friday after 3:30pm, Saturday and Sunday
Most University spaces are open for visitors. More specifically, you can use
- The two locations listed above
- The Scott Street lot, which has lots of spaces (location ID: PK0009a)
- The Prall Street lot (location ID: PK0054a) faculty and staff spots become available on the weekend.
- The Whalen lot (location ID: PK0012a) on Colfax Street.
For a map of the above locations, go to http://gatton.uky.edu/sites/default/files/Gatton-College---after-hours-parking.jpg
For more information on campus parking, go to http://www.uky.edu/pts/parking-info_parking-maps
For a campus map, please go to https://maps.uky.edu/