This holistic program engages Gatton undergraduates with prominent female business leaders from our local community and beyond. Selected students will have the opportunity to:
- Attend a kickoff retreat as a group (students and mentors) in August;
- Have personal and meaningful contact with their paired mentor throughout the academic year;
- Communicate with their mentor on a bi-weekly basis (minimum) throughout the school year in a variety of forms (Skype, phone, in-person, etc.);
- Meet as a group throughout the year for reflection and group discussions;
- Take part in community service and outreach projects throughout the semester;
- Participate in a site visit as a group;
- Attend a celebratory dinner with their mentors at the end of the academic year.
Participants in the program will also receive a scholarship award each year, assuming all expectations below are met:
- Attend all functions associated with program;
- Maintain bi-weekly contact with assigned mentor;
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (will be checked each semester).
Applications will be available February 1, 2014, for the 2014-2015 academic year. Completed applications must be submitted by March 7, 2014.
The application must include:
- Application Form;
- Current Photo;
- Copy of your updated resume;
- Responses to the following two essays (limit each response to 500 words or less):
- Why are you interested in the Women Business Leaders mentoring program? How will participation in this program benefit you for your future career path? What specific goals or results do you hope to achieve through this mentoring relationship?
- Think of a prominent female leader (current or historical) you admire. What is it about her you respect? How has she been a role model in your life? What values does she espouse in her actions and what have you learned from her experiences?
For more information, contact Shonta Phelps.