Ever wonder what it is like to start a new business, launch a product in China or run a major hedge fund? Want to know what it takes to land a job overseas, or what you should be doing today to prepare yourself for the job of your dreams in the future?
Our Gatton Coffee Talks give you the opportunity to meet Gatton Alums and friends of the College, people who were just like you not that long ago, and hear their personal stories of risk-taking and overcoming obstacles on their way to the top. These aren't lectures, they are casual conversations among friends. Come sip some coffee, have a sweet roll and listen to what the guest has to say. You can ask questions and interact just as if you were at a local coffee house with a group of friends.
Part of Gatton's Project Destiny program, Coffee Talks are open to any and all students in the Gatton College.
Business casual attire is recommended. Refreshments provided.
Some of our past speakers have included:
- Dr. Lee Todd, President of UK
- Jake Barr, Supply Chain Innovation Manager, Procter & Gamble
- Tom Dupree, Chairman, Dupree & Company, Inc.
- Jed Bullard, Chief Executive Officer, E.D. Bullard Co.
- Jim McDonald, Chairman, President & CEO, Scientific Atlanta
- Carter Harris, Managing Director, Knight Capital Partners
- Marian Fish Guinn, Executive Director, God's Pantry Food Bank, Inc
- Alek Nowak, Dean, Warsaw School of Management