The College of Business & Economics is a selective admission college. We work hard to make sure all students achieve their dream of earning a degree from Gatton, therefore our college policy on academic probation is designed to identify and assist those students who are experiencing academic difficulty before the student reaches university probation.
A B&E student is placed on Gatton probation if the student earns a grade-point average (GPA) of less than 2.0 in any given term (semester), even if the student's cumulative UK GPA is 2.0 or higher. Students on Gatton probation are required to meet with their individual advisor. The student can find their advisor's name and schedule an advising appointment in myUK.
A B&E student who earns a GPA of less than 2.0 in any given semester AND has a cumulative UK GPA below 2.0 is placed on Gatton suspension. Suspended students are required to select a new major outside of B&E. Questions regarding Gatton suspension should be directed to the the student's B&E advisor.
- What does it mean to be on Gatton probation?
- If you are on Gatton probation, your advisor and the University will monitor your academic performance during the following semester. Any student on Gatton probation is in danger of being suspended from the Gatton College the following semester.
- How do I get off Gatton probation?
- To be removed from Gatton probation, you must earn a term (semester) GPA of 2.0 or higher during the probationary semester AND maintain a cumulative UK GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- What if I don't raise my GPA enough to get off Gatton probation?
- If you do not achieve a 2.0 term (semester) GPA and maintain your cumulative UK GPA at a 2.0 or higher, you will be suspended from the Gatton College.