Each returning member is required to complete 8 hours of community service per semester and each pledge is required to complete 10 hours as follows.
- 4 hours Financial Literacy Involvement through BAP.
- The remaining hours of community service may be done either within BAP or outside of BAP with pre-approval from the VP of Community Service.
- If you choose to volunteer outside of Beta Alpha Psi, you must fill out the Outside Community Service Hours Form.
- An important note for returning members from Fall semester, is that you are limited to 5 hours of outside community service per academic year, so any outside hours from the past semester will reduce the amount of outside hours available to you this semester. (Note: This is not relevant for this semester since it is a new academic year)
- If you fail to complete the form, you will earn no credit.
- If you have any questions about BAP Community Service Requirements, please contact Karoyln Holloway.
JA is a non-profit organization that partners with volunteers from the community to teach elementary students about their roles as individuals, workers and consumers, and to prepare middle/high school students for key economic and workforce issues they will face. JA's purpose is to inspire young people to value free enterprise, business and economics to improve the quality of their lives and be workforce ready.
- Students can do it individually or team up in and select a class to teach. You will need to select a day of the week that you will be available for 5-6 weeks in a semester.
- Location: Various Elementary, Middle, & High Schools in Lexington
- Hours Awarded: 7 (One per class and one for planning)
- Link to Sign Up (Group Leader should sign up for entire group) Signup Form
- Complete and return the application forms by TBD. Please note the application includes a mandatory background check that is completed online at no charge to the student that must be done by that date as well.
- Returning volunteers to JA need not submit the forms, but will still need to sign up on the above link by TBD with their group, and any member who has not been with JA in the group needs to complete the form and background check.
- Any student that does not complete the application form or background check will not be permitted to participate.
- New volunteers must attend the MANDATORY training that will be provided by Callie Tincher, Senior Program Manager for JA of the Bluegrass, on TBD (which will be held after the technical meeting).
Provide tutoring assistance to students in accounting courses.
- Dates/Times: Based on students needs
- Location: Set by tutor and student
- Hours Awarded: Number of hours spent with student requesting tutoring.
- Requirements: Grade of B or higher in course to tutor.
- Important Note: Tutoring has previously not been a heavily requested item by students, and as such should not be relied on as a means to fulfill your hour requirements. If a student requests tutoring directly to BAP, an e-mail will be sent out with the subject and available meeting times, the first qualified student to respond will receive the opportunity.
- The following form must also be filled out and signed by both the member and the student receiving tutoring. You may use the same form for recurring sessions, with the student receiving tutoring initialing each item.
American Cancer Society Hope Lodge - Community Service Event
We are in the planning stages of having a community service event on TBD at the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge. This lodge is located near Kroger Field. We will prepare dinner, dessert, and play games with guest of the Hope Lodge.