The GMAT/GRE exams may be waived by the MBA Admissions Committee as part of the graduate test requirement for the One Year MBA and Professional MBA programs. Sole discretion of any GMAT/GRE waiver remains with the MBA Admissions Committee and any waiver granted does not guarantee acceptance. The GMAT or GRE can still be recommended by the MBA Admissions Committee to strengthen the overall competitiveness of the applicant, especially with candidates that have lower academic marks and GPA's. The GMAT or GRE will still need to be taken if seeking an academic scholarship (this is only for the One Year MBA program).
The following criteria may be considered for waivers:
- Professional work experience with heavy emphasis on the managerial or technical background, position(s) held, tenure, professional responsibilities and specific accomplishments in leading a process, team, department or organization to achieve measurable goals/targets. Combined with career experience, additional considerations will be given to those who have demonstrated prior academic achievement and/or those who have obtained additional professional/leadership certifications (such as CPA or CFA), professional trainings/courses and/or credentials
- If the applicant has taken the LSAT, MCAT, PCAT or DAT exam and has been accepted into one of the following dual or Joint Degree programs at the University of Kentucky (JD/MBA, MD/MBA, Pharm.D/MBA)
- Masters, Doctorate, or a terminal degree such as in Law, Dentistry, Medicine or Pharmacy Doctorate, or presently enrolled in such programs and in good standing
- Leadership gained through military experience and service.
How to Apply
- To be considered for the waiver, email an updated resume, unofficial undergraduate transcript(s) and position statement to email@example.com
- Attach additional documentation as appropriate to be reviewed by the MBA Admissions Committee
- Please be ready to provide additional items or documentation to the MBA Admissions Committee at their request
For any questions about the GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy, please contact: