Applications for the One Year MBA, Professional MBA and dual degree programs are now open for the incoming 2019 class! Let us help you through the process with the following admissions requirements:
International transcripts are evaluated in-house by the Graduate School at the University of Kentucky to determine equivalency to a US bachelors degree. Make sure to upload all of the necessary documents when submitting the MBA application. International students (with the exception of those who hold a degree from a U.S. institution of higher education) must submit the official results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with an overall minimum score of 550 (written exam) or 213 (computer exam), and the Test of Written English (TWE) with a score of 4.5 or higher. International students can also submit the official results of the IBT (Internet Based Test) for the TOEFL with a minimum score of 79 or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum total score of 6.5.
- Start/Submit the Graduate School Application and the application fee directly to the Graduate School. For Veterans, please contact the Graduate School to request an application fee waiver before applying.
- GMAT or GRE Score sent to the University of Kentucky (School code = 1837). Admission decisions may be based, in part, on unofficial scores, but official scores are required prior to full admitted status. The GRE or GMAT exam may be waived by the MBA Admission Committee if the applicant meets certain criteria outlined in the GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy. All waivers must be approved by the Graduate School at the University of Kentucky.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate institutions. Applicants should possess a four-year undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75/4.0. Official transcripts, hard copies, need to be mailed to the University of Kentucky Graduate School, 202 Gillis Building, Lexington, KY 40506-0033. For more information on sending/mailing transcripts, please refer to Graduate School's Transcripts on their site.
- One Letter of Recommendation from an individual (e.g., professors, current or former supervisors, etc.) who is able to objectively assess the quality of your character, capabilities and accomplishments as well as your overall potential as an MBA student and future business leader.
- Professional Resume/CV highlighting professional experience, educational history, and accomplishments. Cover letters are not required.
- Personal Statement on the topic of "Servant Leadership" answering the following prompt:
The success of most economic, organizational and political systems depend, in part, on the effective leadership within these groups. There are a number of different leadership modes or styles, including servant leadership. Some would argue that servant leadership is a way of life which focuses on service to others while adhering to appropriate ethical and moral behavior. Do you believe that this type of leadership can improve the overall effectiveness and well-being of an organization? In your leadership experience, have you practiced components of servant leadership?
- Preparatory Courses or "prerequisites" are required for candidates that haven't completed coursework in Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Financial Accounting and/or Managerial Accounting in their undergraduate studies. The MBA preparatory courses are not an admissions requirement, however they must be satisfied before the start of the program. Candidates can still apply (and be considered for conditional acceptance) before completing all of the required preparatory courses.
For any questions about the UK MBA admissions process, please contact: