- Auctions and contests
- Knowledge and social networks
- Digital games and gamification
Auctions and contests:
This research stream is partly supported by the National Science Foundation of China under Grant No.71171052
- Information Asymmetry and Hybrid Advertising (
with S. Viswanathan).
- Efficient Allocation for Display Advertising (
with H. Rui and A.B. Whinston).
- Competing Keyword Auctions (
with J. Chen and A.B. Whinston).
- A Truthful and Efficient Mechanism for Multi-slot Ad Scheduling with Budget Constraints (with Yang Sun).
- A Simple Ascending Auction for Assignment Problems (with Adib Bagh).
- Comparing Strategies for Winning Expert-rated and Crowd-rated Crowdsourcing Contests: An Exploratory Study (with Liang Chen and Pei Xu)
Knowledge and social networks:
- Friendships in Online Peer-to-Peer Lending: Pipes, Prisms, and Relational Herding (with Yong Lu and Dan Brass).
- Comparing Internal Markets and Hierachy in the Coordination of Knowledge: A Simulation (
with B. Skaggs, A. Boccia, and P. Mills)
- The Time-Contingent Value of Social Capital: Structural Holes, Resources Richness, and Knowledge Production (
with J. Ling, A. Mehra, D. Brass and S. Borgatti)
Digital games and gamification:
- Gamification of Technology-Mediated Training: Who Wants to Learn? (
with R. Santhanam, M. Shen)
- Gamification Designs for Gameful Interaction with Information Systems (
with R. Santhanam)
Selected Journal Publications:
- Jun Li, De Liu, and Shulin Liu (2012). Optimal Keyword Auctions for Optimal User Experiences. Accepted at
Decision Support Systems.
- De Liu, Xun Li, and Radhika Santhanam (2013). Digital Games and Beyond: What Happens When Players Compete.
MIS Quarterly 37(1) 111-124.
- Liu, Shulin, Jun Li, and De Liu (2012). Multi-attribute Procurement Auctions with Risk Averse Suppliers.
Economics Letters 115(3) 408-411.
- Liu, De, Gautam Ray, and Andrew B. Whinston (2010). The Interaction between Knowledge Codification and Knowledge
Information Systems Research 21(4) 892-906.
- Liu, De, Jianqing Chen, and Andrew B. Whinston (2010). Ex-Ante Information and Design of Keyword Auctions.
Information Systems Research 21 (1): 133-153.
- Chen, Jian-qing, De Liu, and Andrew Whinston. Auctioning Keywords in Online Search (2009).
Journal of Marketing 73(4), 125-141
- Wu, Jiming and De Liu (2007). The Effects of Trust and Enjoyment on Intention to Play Online Games.
Journal of Electronic Commerce Research 8 (2), 128-140.
- Liu, De, Xianjun Geng, and Andrew B. Whinston (2007). Optimal Design of Consumer Contests.
Journal of Marketing, Vol. 71 (October 2007), pp140-155.
- Liu, De and Jianqing Chen (2006). Designing online auctions with past performance information.
Decision Support Systems, 42, 1307-1320.
- Liu, De, Xianjun Geng, A. B. Whinston (2007). Status Seeking and the Design of Online Entertainment Communities. In
Karmarkar, Uday S. and Uday M. Apte, eds.
Managing in the Information Economy: Current Research Issues. New York, NY: Springer.
- Susarla, A., D. Liu, A. B. Whinston (2003). Peer-to-Peer Knowledge Management. In C. W. Holsapple (eds)
Handbook on Knowledge Management. Berlin, Germany: Springer. Volume 2: 129-140.
- Liu, De, Jianqing Chen, A. B. Whinston (2007). Current Issues in Keyword Auctions.