Conversation on Inclusion
When we think about diversity and inclusion, we normally think about the categories that seem easily identifiable, race, gender and ethnicity. But here at Gatton, when we think about diversity, we think about the aspects of every human being that makes them unique. This includes, Organizational membership, Gender and sexual Identity, Age, Religion, Rank, everything down to those of us who binge on Netflix and those of us who do not.
The Gatton College of Business and Economics is pleased to continue working on its Blueprint for Inclusion, with the hosting of a World Cafe. The World Cafe is a creative process for leading collaborative dialogue, sharing knowledge and creating possibilities for action. Used by numerous leading universities and Fortune-500 companies, the World Cafe is a safe, welcoming environment to intentionally connect multiple ideas and perspectives on a topic by engaging participants in several rounds of small-group conversation. This is a real-world exercise in participatory leadership in which everyone contributes their thinking, listens attentively, focuses on what matters, links and connects ideas, seeks patterns and deeper insights, and has fun making the conversation visible by doodling, drawing, and illustrating ideas.
Lend your voice to conversations that matter!
- Be of service to the Gatton College by sharing in developing our plan for how to become more welcoming to all members of our community.
- Receive a certificate for contributing to a culture of inclusivity for the Gatton College and University communities.
- Free Pizza to follow!
Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are invited to attend one of the four available World Cafe sessions:
- March 21, 10:00am – 11:30am
- March 21, 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- March 22, 11:00am – 12:30pm
- March 22, 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018 – Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Gatton 307 - Woodward Hall
- Faculty / Staff, Gatton Students