The Intersection of Teaching and All Things International: Quick Information, Snippets, and Tips
Have you ever wanted to teach abroad, but wondered what it was like or didn’t know how to get started? Have you considered applying for a Fulbright? We would like to provide answers to these questions. We have brought together 7 campus experts and colleagues in one short review of campus resources and experiences.
Lunch Provided from Athenian Grill with desserts from around the world! (starting at 11:45 am)
- Introduction & Workshop Overview, Gail Hoyt, Professor of Economics
- International Center & Fulbright Overview, Sue Roberts, Associate Provost of Internationalization
- Fulbright Experience & Reviewer Insights, Josh Ederington, Gatton Endowed Professor of Economics & Fulbright Reviewer and Recipient
- Study Abroad through Gatton, Thomas Teague, Gatton Academic Advisor & former Study Abroad Advisor
- Faculty Led Programs, Tom Pope, Ernst & Young Associate Professor of Accountancy
- Faculty Led Programs, Jack Kirn, Management Lecturer
- International Teaching Opportunities, Katheryn Bliss, Coordinator Office of China Initiatives
- Gatton International & Wrap Up, Nancy Johnson, Associate Dean of International Affairs
This event is limited to Gatton College faculty members and graduate students only. Please RSVP by Wednesday, October 25, at gatton.uky.edu/bbts.
Friday, October 27, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Gatton 311
- Faculty / Staff