The Gatton College of Business and Economics' Emerging Leaders Board consists of Gatton alumni (age 40 and under) that are interested in improving outcomes of students in the Gatton college. The board's mission is to develop initiatives that link students to alumni, foster a culture of giving, engagement, and belonging, and support the college’s goal of excellence in education.
- Support Gatton leadership in engaging and connecting with recent alums from diverse backgrounds
- Elevate Gatton initiatives by promoting events, research and accomplishments to the larger alumni community
- Engage with students and student groups within Gatton through attending events, offering internships, career advice, and mentorship
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve standards, practices, and procedures to create a college culture of belonging
- Advise on best practices and opportunities to recruit students and faculty
- Participate in College programming that enhances community
- Support and enhance key units within the College based on identified areas of need
- Better connect the Gatton College to corporate partners to strengthen recruitment efforts for graduates/internships as well as for graduate and executive education possibilities.
- Gatton College of Business and Economics graduate 40 years or younger in the year of appointment
- Demonstrated interest in the Gatton College of Business and Economics
- Will be an active Board member (defined as someone who will contribute his/her time and financial support, be a positive team player, be an active member on committee(s), be an active ambassador for the Gatton College of Business and Economics in his/her local area
- Will bring a diverse and unique perspective to the Gatton College
Board Member Expectations
- Successfully serve a three-year term.
- Pledge to support the college and university financially and invite others to join you. Suggested starting point of financial leadership includes contributing to the Dean’s Annual Fund with an investment of $500 which directly benefits the college and participating in the Annual "One Day For UK" online fundraising campaign. Pledges can be paid annually or in monthly installments either as an individual gift or a company matching gift.
- Actively participate in the Gatton College of Business and Economics Emerging Leaders Board’s Strategic Initiatives.
- Mentor a junior or senior undergraduate student
- Attend and/or execute an alumni event, serve as a guest lecturer in a class as requested by faculty, or serve on a panel for recruitment or informational sessions as needed by the Directors of Recruitment for undergraduate or graduate programs.
- Attend two board meetings per year – (usually consisting of a Friday all day meeting) - Fall / Spring
- Engage & network with other boards associated with the Gatton College of Business including the Dean’s Advisory Council, Accounting Advisory Board and Finance Advisory Boards.
- Champion Gatton College’s initiatives and the Dean’s priorities within your company and throughout the community in which you live.
- Attend and help drive attendance to Gatton College events (e.g.,Tailgating, Homecoming Events, Annual Hall of Fame Event, Golf Scramble and other Alumni receptions/networking events).
- Act as a social media ambassador for the Gatton College of Business and Economics.
- Be a sounding board for new programming initiatives and provide insights into student engagement efforts.
Nominations will be accepted annually. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit the online form.
For questions regarding the Gatton Emerging Leaders Board, please contact Michelle Lowe, Director of Alumni Engagement at 859-257-1838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org