Apply online at www.research.uky.edu/gs on the Graduate School website.
The deadline for all application for the Gatton College PhD in Business Administration program is February 1. We encourage early applications.
The Graduate School and Gatton College require the following items for a completed application:
- Application Fee: Non-refundable application processing fee. The online application accepts either credit card or debit card payment of the mandatory application processing fee.
- Transcripts: You will be asked to upload copies of transcripts from all higher education institutions attended and to self-report cumulative GPAs for each institution. If however you have taken coursework at an institution that shows as transfer work at a subsequent institution, we would not require that transcript at this time. Please be certain that the transcripts are legible and that you have copies both sides when appropriate. We will ask for official transcripts if you are offered admission to the program; they must match the copies exactly. All previous graduate credits must show a minimum grade point average of 3.2 out of 4.0.
- Test Scores: You will be asked to self-report scores on any standardized tests (GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS) that you have taken. You can also provide a tentative future test date if applicable. We also require official scores directly from the reporting agency. GRE scores should be sent directly to us from Educational Testing Service (ETS); the Institution Code for GRE for UK Graduate School is R1837. Scores for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) should be sent directly to us from the Graduate Admission Council (GMAC); the UK Graduate School code is 1837. These scores will be incorporated into your application and compared against self-reported scores to ensure consistency. The Gatton College requires a minimum GMAT score of 600 or a minimum GRE score of 310. The Graduate School does have minimum language test score requirements for all applicants whose native language is not English. For the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), we require a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based). For the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) a minimum mean band score of 6.5 is required. Note that permanent residents, who graduate from US institution or schools outside the US in English-speaking countries such as Australia, Great Britain and English-speaking Canadian provinces, are not required to take the TOEFL.
- Current Resume/CV: You will be asked to upload your current resume/CV.
- Letters of Recommendation: You will be required to supply contact information for each recommender, most importantly, a valid e-mail address. Be sure to alert the people that you have selected that they will be receiving an e-mail from Hobsons asking them to log in to a secured site to provide the recommendation. You can check back into your application at any time post-submission to see who has actually sent their letter. The Gatton College requires three recommendation letters.
Each application is examined individually by the appropriate department in the Gatton College. Achievement of the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
The deadline for all applications for the
Gatton College Ph.D. in Business Administration program
with a concentration in Marketing & Supply Chain is February 1.
We encourage early applications.